Moodle now has an easy way of uploading to your Moodle course! Whether it's your Syllabus or course readings for the week, you can now drag-and-drop files into your course page! (Note: editing must be turned on in order for drag-and-drop to be enabled). Simply click and drag files from your computer onto your Moodle course page for easy uploading.
If you prefer uploading files individually, this option is still available and only takes a few steps:
1) Go to your course page and click "Turn editing on" (upper right-hand corner of the page).
2) You will see "Add an activity or resource" links appear in each box. Click on any of these (depending on where you want the file to appear) and select "File", which is the second option under Resources, and click "Add".
3) Type in a name and description for the file and then either drag-and-drop a file or click "Add". If you drag-and-drop a file, you can skip steps 4 and 5 below and select "Save and return to course".
4) Click on "Upload a file" on the left side and then click Browse to locate the file on your computer.
5) After you found the file and selected it (either by double-clicking on the file or clicking on the file once and then selecting Open), click on "Upload this file" and make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Save and return to course".