College-owned Mac computers have the option to install some programs automatically via the Software Center utility, previously known as Run Advertised Programs before March 2013. Software Center provides access to easily install programs, printers, software updates, and more. To install a program through Software Center, follow the instructions below. If you need to install a program or printer that does not appear in the utility, contact the Help Desk for further assistance.
- From the Applications folder or dock, open the application titled Software Center.
- Choose a category on the right. For example, to install a printer, choose Printers. All Programs will list all programs available to install.
- Locate the program you wish to install and select Install below the program name.
- Software Center will download the program you have chosen before installing. To view the download progress, select In Progress from the menu on the left; your program’s progress bar will be at the top of the page.
- You can queue up multiple installations by pressing Install for multiple programs. They will queue in the order they are selected and install one-by-one. The In Progress menu on the left of the window will tell you the progress of your downloads.
- Once a program has been installed, you can find it in your Applications folder.