The Bryn Mawr Communication Center offers a robust Web-based email client and a wide range of additional features. The documents below will help you get started.
Zimbra provides excellent assistance with Email and other Web Client features:
- Video Tutorial: Composing Emails
- Video Tutorial: Email Conversations (Threads)
- Receiving and Managing Email (Zimbra Web Client User Guide)
- Composing and Sending Email (including signatures) (Zimbra Web Client User Guide)
- Using Tags and Folders to Organize your Inbox (Zimbra Web Client User Guide)
- Customizing Your Email Features (including notifications, away messages, etc.) (Zimbra Web Client User Guide)
- Account Preferences (Zimbra Web Client User Guide)
- Find more help with the Web Client
Please note, College offices including HR, the Provost’s and Deans’ offices, and Residence Life, as well as Blackboard and Moodle (our Learning Management Systems) will communicate with you via your Bryn Mawr email address. Staff should not forward their email to an external carrier. Others may certainly do so, but we cannot guarantee delivery to outside addresses; the account holder is responsible for ensuring that he or she has received these communications.
About Spam: Bryn Mawr College uses an external service for spam control. Using of spam functions within the Web client is of limited effectiveness; please see this reference to find out about Bryn Mawr’s Spamcheck service.